My photo
United Kingdom
My name is Jo I am in my 20s and officially a makeup beauty Addict. I have always loved playing with makeup. However It was at the beginning of this year that I finally discovered my passion. I first got into makeup in a big way when I searched for something on Youtube. I typed in the search and found all these girls talking about and experimenting with makeup. From that day on I was hooked. I have made a couple of really good friends on youtube who encouraged me to start blogging. So as I am unable to make videos myself here I am. It's early days but I have some interesting things to come. If you have anything to say about any of my posts please feel free to leave a comment. Thanks Jo x

Tuesday 17 November 2009

Mac Eyeshadow Palettes As of Now (Neutrals) + Favourite eyeshadow

This is the first of 3 posts (until I need to get more palettes) showing my Mac eyeshadows.

If you want me to go into more detail about the shadows in general or even a specific colour then let me know.

I depotted them as I thought it would be a good way to save storage space. I was reluctant to do this originally as I thought it was a lot of hassle and didn't really see the point.

However since I joined the depotting bandwagon I have discovered how much easier it is to do makeup. Instead of having to look for a number individual puts, all I have to do now is decide what colour theme I want, grab the relevent Palette and in there should be all the shadows you need. (Of course this is assuming the look would be using all mac shadows.)

At the moment my Palettes aren't full. I will do an updated version of this series when needed.

For those of you that aren't familiar with Mac Eyeshadows there are several different finishes. This means that they have different textures. This may give a different to the look to the shadow, the pigmentation and in some cases even the way the shadow applies to the lid. I have added the finishes for each of the shadows in brackets next to the shadow names.

I will do another post showing 1 of each of the different shadow finishes and tell you a bit about them then, otherwise this post will be very long.

Now on to the 1st Palette I have chosen.


Neutral

As you can see I have 8 Neutral Mac shadows, Plust 2 or 3 that came in a quad that I haven't yet depotted. (You will see these in a later post.)

Top Row L-R
Glamour Check (Starflash was LE) Satin Taupe (Frost)

Middle Row L-R
Tempting (Lustre) Woodwinked (Veluxe Pearl) Smoke and Diamonds (Starflash was LE)

Bottom Row L-R
All That Glitters (Veluxe Pearl) Sable (Frost) Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

My Favourite eyeshadow in the set has to be Woodwinked. I love the finish and the colour is very pretty. I watched a lot of youtube videos before getting this eyeshadow. I was curious because everyone was saying on camera it didnt look very pretty and in real life it was so much nicer and every1 needed to get it.

I decided to go and have a look even though I wasnt expecting to see anything that I hadnt seen from the videos. Much to my surprise everyone was right. The pictures and videos didn't do it justice at all! This is a beautiful colour and a MUST HAVE in everyones collection.

If you see a picture of this and decide its not for you at least go and have a look at it in store before you decide. On the other hand if you already own this shadow I would love to hear what you think.

Going by my collection of Neutrals are there any that you own that you think I should have? Preferably nothing to similar to ones I already have.

Thanks in advance and I hope you enjoyed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment