My photo
United Kingdom
My name is Jo I am in my 20s and officially a makeup beauty Addict. I have always loved playing with makeup. However It was at the beginning of this year that I finally discovered my passion. I first got into makeup in a big way when I searched for something on Youtube. I typed in the search and found all these girls talking about and experimenting with makeup. From that day on I was hooked. I have made a couple of really good friends on youtube who encouraged me to start blogging. So as I am unable to make videos myself here I am. It's early days but I have some interesting things to come. If you have anything to say about any of my posts please feel free to leave a comment. Thanks Jo x

Thursday 21 January 2010

2009 Favourites: Daily Skin Care

I thought it was about time I did another 2009 Favourite products Post. I want to try to get some out before the end of January. However if I don't manage this I will still upload them with the title 'Current Favourites' so don't worry you will still see everything.

This post will be showing my favourite skin care products. Up until 2009 I was never really that into skin care (bad i know).
The products I use are mostly quite expensive. I keep thinking I ought to try to find some cheaper products, but as I have sensitive skin I might end up wasting a lot of money on products that might not work for me so it would probably not end up any cheaper.

I use Honey I Wash the Kids soap but you will see that in my favourite Lush post when I upload it.


The 1st thing I use is the Clarins 'Water Comfort One Step Cleanser.' I believe there are 2 of these, one for oily skin and one for dry skin. I use the on with 'Peach Essential Water' for Normal to Dry skin.'

I initially tried this at one of my local Clarins counters. The lady was testing a foundation on my skin and removed it with this. I instantly loved it but didn't get it at the time because it was quite expensive (obviously).
Over the next few months (yes months...maybe longer) I kept thinking about this product and how much I liked it. In the end I decided to buy it.

I am now on my 2nd bottle of the stuff. It is so easy to use it doesnt need to be washed off or anything after using. I just apply it to a cotton pad put it all over my face then move on to the rest of my routine.

I am semi tempted to try some of clarins other skin care products because I am always up for trying new things, however as clarins is an expensive brand I dont know if I will get the chance...If Clarins wanted to send me some things to test out an review for them I definitely wouldn't say no lol. Okay to end this ramble... This product will always be a part of my skin care collection.

The next thing I use is the spot treatment by Lush called Grease Lightning. Check out my favourite Lush post to find out more on this product once I've had a chance to upload it.


Then I spray my face with Mac's Fix+. This can be used for a Number of different things which I will go into more detail on at a later date. The thing I use it for is to spray my face before applying moisturiser.

If you apply moisturiser to slightly damp skin it helps the moisturiser to absorb. This is a must have for me. A couple of times I have accidently forgotten to spray myself with the fix+ before mosturising and I really felt a difference.


For moisturiser I use Clinique's Dramatically different Moisturising Lotion. This comes in 2 formulas, the Lotion and the Gel.

I use the lotion because I have dry skin. The main thing I love about this is that is has a pump.

This is great because I hate putting my hands into a pot. (It doesn't seem very hygenic + I always end up with either not enough or too much product.)

I also dont really like tubes because again you always seem to get too much product. Tubes are better than pots though because your not having to put your hand in the unused product. One of the worst things about tubes is when it is nearly empty you need two hands to get the last bit out (not easy.)

I have repurchased this product but rather than buying it in the bottle again I spend a bit less by getting it in the tube then when I get home I transfer it into the bottle. :)


My last daily skin care item is another clarins product and another Must have. It is called UV+. I personally couldn't live without this product.

It's basically a sun screen that goes on after applying your moisturiser. It is a light milky consistency so it soaks in to the skin very easily.

My skin burns very easily and quickly so I have to be so careful when i'm out in the sun. I used to slap on SPF 25 every half hour or so and wonder why I still burned. I now use factor 40!! This is another reason that I love this product. All the moisturisers that come with SPF all have 20-25....this as I mentioned isn't enough for me. UV+ is the only item I have seen that is SPF 40 that isnt a sun cream. I apply this everyday that I go out (no point when i stay in lol.)

Oh a couple more things I love about this. The 1st is even though its expensive for only 30ml you don't need much of it so a bottle last's ages. I bought a new one a few months ago because I thought i was running out...it still lasted me up until about a week or 2 ago

I also love the fact that it isn't included in a moisturiser because there are times that I don't need SPF when i need to put moisturiser on. So this way I decide when I put it on and when I don't.

At night I add Mac wipes to my routine. I love these for take my makeup off.
I am thinking of testing out some Makeup removers compared to Mac wipes. I have a few ideas of things I want to try but if anyone has any suggestions for good ones they use please tell me. Preferably some expensive and cheap ones so I can compare. Please bare in mind I have dry sometimes sensitive skin and they don't have to always be wipes. :) Thanks

There's the old question 'if you could only take 3 skin care items on desert island which would you take. I would have to say UV Plus would have to be one of them along with my cleanser and moisturiser.

There are a couple of other things I use on a weekly basis. I will do another post on these.

I hope you enjoyed this post. Please feel free to comment. Especially if you have tips on getting mini sizes of different clarins things to try cheaply lol. :)
Thanks everyone. Don't forget to keep following....blogsale at 50 Followers...spread the word! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment