My photo
United Kingdom
My name is Jo I am in my 20s and officially a makeup beauty Addict. I have always loved playing with makeup. However It was at the beginning of this year that I finally discovered my passion. I first got into makeup in a big way when I searched for something on Youtube. I typed in the search and found all these girls talking about and experimenting with makeup. From that day on I was hooked. I have made a couple of really good friends on youtube who encouraged me to start blogging. So as I am unable to make videos myself here I am. It's early days but I have some interesting things to come. If you have anything to say about any of my posts please feel free to leave a comment. Thanks Jo x

Wednesday 3 March 2010

Mac Permenant purchases

There have been quite a few permenant eyeshadows from MAC that I have wanted for a long time so the last time i ordered from them I decided to get a few of them.

There are still more shadows I want (as always lol) but I will be getting those another time. I have an empty palette to fill up so I think I will buy some blacks whites and silvers to create a smokey palette.

This will just be a quick blogpost showing the ones I purchased.

I would just like to add here that 4 of these shadows I purchased in the pan. One of them I had to purchase in the pot as I didn't see it on the website in pan form.

On the MAC website the Eyeshadow's cost £9.00 in the pan and £11.00 in the pot....Yes thats right you are paying £2.00 extra just for the POT!!! Also buying in the pan saves the hassle of depotting when you get home if you like your shadows in a palette.
Unfortunately Mac only sells the Pan's online or in stores, not at their counters. The pots are available anywhere you can buy Mac. You can only buy permenant eyeshadows in pan form.

Anyway back to the shadows I purchased

I LOVE this shadow. I'd say it's definitely up there with Woodwinked (my all time favourite.)

Although it does look quite scary I love it because you can apply it over different colour bases to give the Shadow a COMPLETELY different look. I will show you more about this when I do a more in depth post on this shadow.

The next shadow I purchased I am not sure if I like to be honest. I love it in the pan but it almost makes my eyes sore (like a lot of pinks.) I will have to work with it, I'm sure I will be able to find a way of making it work. Any comments and suggestions welcome.


Amber Lights is a lovely bright Copper colour although on it's own it can look a bit harsh. I find if i put a matte brown in the crease it tones it down slightly.

If u don't like the metallic shimmery look then AVOID this colour!!


Moon's Reflection is a very pretty Light blue I haven't played much with this colour so I can't really say much on it yet. I will update you when I can say a bit more. (Just remind me lol).

Well that's it for now. Hope you enjoyed.

If you have any questions Let me know in the comments.

Next up will be my Benefit Makeup Day Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment