My photo
United Kingdom
My name is Jo I am in my 20s and officially a makeup beauty Addict. I have always loved playing with makeup. However It was at the beginning of this year that I finally discovered my passion. I first got into makeup in a big way when I searched for something on Youtube. I typed in the search and found all these girls talking about and experimenting with makeup. From that day on I was hooked. I have made a couple of really good friends on youtube who encouraged me to start blogging. So as I am unable to make videos myself here I am. It's early days but I have some interesting things to come. If you have anything to say about any of my posts please feel free to leave a comment. Thanks Jo x

Sunday 1 August 2010

Beautyuk Goodies


The other day I emailed beautyuk telling them about my blog and to see if they wanted me to do some reviews for them and if they would be kind enough to send me some items. (Don't worry I didn't just demand free stuff...I don't recommend doing that lol.)

They were kind enough to send me their new eyeshadow + liner combo palette and two of thier 'Metallic Sparks' shadestick type things (not sure exactly what to call them.)
After having a quick play yesterday i discovered the Metallic Sparks are very creamy. This makes them very easy to apply.
As yet I am not sure if they will hold eyeshadows on all day or not, but I will test that out over the next week and let you know.

The eyeshadows are very pigmented as always. . The only 2 colours that weren't as pigmented were the green and yellow.

I have all 6 of their normal eyeshadow palettes so I knew the quality would be good. I will include pictures of these at the end if i remember.
Over all my first impressions are very positive. I will either add to this review in a day or 2 when I have played a bit more or do part 2 in another post.

One of the things I do love about all the Beautyuk Palettes is that the lid is completely clear so it is really easy to find the one you want to use.

A few days later (Longer than a week i'm afraid sorry)
I have been playing with this palette for the last few of days and I have been loving it. I'm finding that I am creating some quite dramatic looks. This is quite unusual for me as I normally wear more subtle looks unless I am just messing around at home. Am I brave enough to venture outside with these colours on my lids...? I'm not sure LOL but that isnt a critisism. It is a lovely palette.

The only thing I have found is that the liner does come off if i touch my eyelid... This isnt the end of the world for me necessarily but it is something to be aware of if you want your liner to be smudgeproof.


All in all I love the goodies I have been sent and I have enjoyed testing them out for Beautyuk and I hope to get the opportunity in the future to do something like this again for them.

I will be doing an overview of all my other beautyuk goodies at some point in the future.

I hope you enjoyed my my review if you have any other questions let me know.

Thanks

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I saw the liner palettes in Superdrug and wondered if you'd got them yet :)

    ReplyDelete